Data Scientist (m/f/x) Machine Learning
Translating data into tangible information and transforming this information into our next leap forward is your expertise? Perfect! Explore our International Advanced Analytics team and let data do the talking!
You develop data products and trim our business units into shape, always with the goal of beaming our bank directly into the future. What are the opportunities of using data and how do you turn a requirement into an analytical question? In training and coaching sessions, you impart data knowledge and promote data competence throughout the company. The analytical guiding principles you establish will support us in choosing the perfect data sources for the right task. You will develop predictive models, implement them with Data Engineers, and ensure that our analytics techniques remain state-of-the-art. Our development environment is exploratory and experimental scripting comes before production-ready code. Accordingly, you will develop recommender systems for use in sales & marketing and apply machine learning algorithms in programmatic marketing. Furthermore, you will clean the large amounts of data you scrape from the web and prepare it accordingly. Speaking of preparation: one of your strengths is presenting data in a way that is appropriate for the target group, which you also utilise in the interactive dashboards you create to visualise data.
- Master‘s degree / PhD in applied mathematics / computer science with a quantitative focus
- Several years of professional experience in the application of Data Science in a corporate environment and first experience in consulting
- Very good knowledge of data analysis using Python / R and basic know-how in at least one additional programming language
- Familiar with statistical methods such as random forest, gradient boosting, time series analysis, regularization, causality, Bayesian statistics
- High intrinsic motivation and enjoyment of international collaboration (business trips in Europe, if necessary, of approx. 10%)
- Fluent in Business English is required and German is advantageous as is knowledge of at least one other language (e.g., French, Spanish, Italian, Polish)
At ING we are colorful and diverse: different personalities with different perspectives - an international culture where we value and appreciate each other. We believe in substance over style, people instead of labels.
Come as you are.