Backend Engineer Project Implementation (f/m/d)
Are you interested in shaping the future of mobility? Then come join us! At ioki we work towards mobility concepts that serve as a supplement to public transport, such as mobility analytics, autonomous driving and especially, demand responsive transportation services. We combine innovative and existing concepts to connect people and restore lost living space. With decades of experience provided by our parent company Deutsche Bahn and openness of an agile start-up, we are unique as ioki. Fascinated by the developments in the mobility industry? Then we should definitely meet! For our office in Frankfurt am Main we are looking for you from today as Backend Engineer – Project Implementation (m/f/d).
The ability to launch new mobility projects with our customers in an efficient and sustainable way is one of the core strengths of ioki. The Project Implementation team will be a new cross-functional team in our technical department, that focuses on working closely with our project management, and platform teams. The goal is to bring our services on the road, build tools and workflows that make this even easier and scalable.
- You are part of a cross-functional developer team that implements new projects for our on demand platform and creates custom solutions for our services.
- You will work closely with iOS, Android, UX & Visual Design and Backend teams, to ensure our customers can get their mobility services started.
- You will help shape upcoming projects with our release management.
- You will write automated tests to verify the behaviour and avoid regressions.
- You will adhere to best practices to ensure that the application conforms to the team’s development standards.
- You will discuss with your teammates about technical decisions regarding architecture and implementation details.
What you bring with you:
- You have some experience in Ruby programming language or similar languages.
- You have a solid understanding of SQL and you can write queries with performance in mind.
- You have a formal technical education degree with emphasis on IT or already gathered experience in the IT industry.
- You enjoy working with multiple people on the same codebase, and you know what it takes, whilst being open to sharing and improving our work together.
- You want to take responsibility of your work and build sustainable solutions that stand the test of time.
- You write high-quality code and want to build a maintainable, stable, and tested system that you can deploy to production multiple times a day without worrying.
- You have great communication skills in both spoken and written English, as English is the main spoken language of our company.