Senior Software Developer (m/w/d) for Payment Terminals
You’ll be powering our Payment Terminal Application team
You will be in a team that implements software for the physical payment terminals. These devices are the same ones which can be seen all around us in shops, hotels, restaurants, everywhere. The existing codebase is a combination of different technologies, but you will be focusing on the part implemented in Lua language. This piece of code is responsible for the business logic and integration interfaces towards other systems outside of the terminal.
Your team will partly be located in Finland.
- Develop payment application features according to the backlog using LUA or C.
- Debugging issues and fixing them.
- Participate in maintaining internal backlog for payment application.
- Participate in taking care that technical debt does not increase too much.
- Participate in releasing and rolling out payment applications.
Skills and ambition make you succeed
We expect you to have a strong passion for coding, which eases your learning of Lua. You should also be outspoken and active in sharing your views when improvements or changes are needed. You always optimize your code while keeping the highest possible security and quality in mind. Lastly, you understand the concept of product development where the maintenance of the software is only as smooth as the code you’ve written earlier.
- Fluent in German and English
- Embedded development experience. Understanding how hardware limitations (e.g. RAM) impact the code.
- Programming experience with different communication protocols (e.g. USB, Serial, TCP/IP).
- Payment and EMV knowledge is appreciated but not mandatory.
- Linux knowledge is beneficial as the majority of the development tools run on Linux.
- You also have a valid working visa for an EU country.
Apply now to power your career
If you love to code, you will enjoy working with us
We want to create the best product in the payment industry and make it happen by building the best software team. So we offer you an opportunity to be surrounded by experienced software developers, with a great view over the payment industry. You can influence a team’s ways of working, tools, technologies and architecture. You’ll find the freedom to balance an exciting job with life outside of work. We enjoy working here.
Please send your application soonest, as we will start interviewing and shall fill in the position as soon as a candidate is found.
You can meet more of our Nets personalities by visiting our careers page: https://www.nets.eu/careers