Solution Architect - Frankfurt
Backbase is the challenger in the Digital Banking space and is widely known for its innovative power and visionary view. Having undertaken an entrepreneurial journey of over 15 years, Backbase has become the market leader in the space and has become a brand to reckon with globally.
Your role as a Solutions Architect is to keep our innovation power running at the fastest pace possible and help us remain at the cutting edge.
Meet the role
As a Solutions Architect, it’s your goal to ensure that our end-state solution becomes a reality. You will be part of the development team in which you will fulfil a leading role only gained by excellent performance. Talking highly specific technical details as well as discussing general business outcomes, you comfortably translate requirements into a distinguished design. You dedicate yourself to security, deployment, performance, caching, sizing, scalability and serviceability.
You are equally comfortable in deep-dive technical workshops with prospects, customers, partners and in board-level sales presentations. Having earned your stripes in designing web-based architectures, you have no problem finding the scope in large-scale, complex projects.
To the development team, you are the vital mainstay during processes of implementation. To customers and partners, you are the expert liaison with a keen feel for their needs. So besides being a great technician, you are also a considerate companion who delivers remarkable results on a continuous basis.
You know our projects are to be delivered according to briefing, time and budget, but you also know our technicians need their space to build the solutions you’ve defined. By creating structure and clear explanations, you provide guidance and oversight to your team.
Also part of the job is creating technical architecture documentation; working with the QA lead to define the test strategy; leading DevOps to define and implement CI/CD pipelines; ensuring that implementations meet non-functional requirements.
Who are you?
- Your knowledge of the Java platform exceeds our expectations.
- Experienced in Spring, Maven and Jenkins.
- You have a demonstrable understanding of Service Oriented Architectures (SOA), as well as Micro-Services Architecture.
- When we ask you about architectural frameworks, you easily dig up your knowledge and best practices.
- You have professionally worked with Enterprise Integration Patterns and Frameworks.
- And let’s not forget your broad, operational knowledge of application servers, databases, load balancers and other infrastructure components required to deploy web applications in a highly available and scalable environment.
- Last but not least, you have excellent communication and presentation skills in English.
We will be extra happy if you:
- Have created solutions for financial services (especially banking).
- Have experience with Portal/Web Content Management.
- Are familiar with architectural patterns, such as Microservices, CQRS, event sourcing.
- Have experience with server virtualization and containers technology such as Docker, VMWare, HyperV.
- Have professionally used Integration Platforms, API Gateway, etc.
What will we offer you?
Backbase creates the best digital banking solutions on the planet, enabling our clients to deliver superior online and mobile customer experiences. We are a global, young-spirited, diverse (45+ nationalities), fast-growing and leading fintech company. Agile is our middle name and we love pushing innovation in the digital banking world. We make it work.
And we’re not done innovating just yet. Our 600+ employees work together on better and more advanced products. As we are in scaleup phase, we don’t believe in simply “doing our jobs”. We’ve always got room for new, creative talent to push us further. What will you bring to make us stronger?
We are organized to support you. You will receive time to educate yourself and will work with some of the best specialists in the business. Having fun is allowed at Backbase :-). We are work and play. At Backbase, you can come as you are and say it like it is.
Join us for a journey instead of a job!