Data Governance Officer - Associate (m/f/d) - Frankfurt
vom 12.01.2021The Technology Outsourcing Function is seeking an experienced professional to join the team and assist in the monitoring and oversight of J.P Morgan's Western European Technology services that are outsourced and external and inter-affiliate vendors that support those outsourcings.
The Technology Outsourcing Function partners with the lines of business, Legal Entity Outsourcing Governance Managers, Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI), Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) Technology, Information Security Managers (ISMs) and Information Security Officer (ISOs) in addition to other relevant stakeholders across Western Europe to assess compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements and address any deviations from same that may be noted.
This is a tremendous opportunity to learn about high-priority initiatives and collaborate with colleagues throughout the firm. Through ensuring the high performance and compliance of existing technology outsourcing you will have a strong impact on the company's growth. In addition, the role will permit you to develop your leadership, management and communication skills. No matter where your career ultimately takes you, this role will allow you to make a meaningful impact and lasting connections with outstanding colleagues and mentors.
Candidates are required to have a good understanding of the outsourcing regulatory landscape, and comprehension of the Legal, Financial and Technical components of data outsourcing is expected. In addition, a solid background in technology, data governance and cloud technology are required. Ideally the Candidate would also hold a relevant qualification such as CISA, CISM, CISSP, CDPSE, ITIL etc.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Coordinate the management and monitoring of supplier performance for both internal and external IT service engagements. This covers especially requirements for storing and processing of regulated data by an outsourcing service provider or cloud provider.
* Cooperation with the Legal Entity Outsourcing Governance team to ensure Legal Entity Corporate and regulatory compliance for outsourced technology services and also to ensure that appropriate and relevant management information (KRIs/KPIs) for data outsourcing is available to the Legal Entity as and when is required.
* Experiences in data management using different cloud-based delivery models (primarily SaaS & PaaS)
* Identify and raise risks associated with technology & data outsourcing and create / manage / monitor action plans to address those risks through to completion
* Support the Legal Entity overall with Data & Application Governance as well as oversight monitoring / reporting
* Contribute and participate in internal and external audits as well as regulatory reviews which have technology or data outsourcing as part of their scope.
* Partner with relevant Global, Regional and Legal Entity teams such as Global Supplier Services (GSS), Cyber Technology and Controls (CTC) and the Legal Entity Outsourcing Governance Team to maintain efficient and effective control environments for outsourced technology services.
* Project management, communication, stakeholder management, negotiating and influencing experience with a track record of achieving engagement and delivery from cross-functional stakeholders
* Demonstrate process management and delivery re-engineering experience including the improvement of current processes and systems by reviewing current practices; designing modifications, recommending controls, identifying problems and writing improved procedures
* Prioritise and deliver timely, high quality risk-based reporting on technology outsourcing which has a solid data and evidence-based foundation.
* Experience in managing technology and data outsourcing in a regulated environment.
* Experience working as part of a regional, cross-functional team and working with all levels
* Analytical experience
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
* Exercises sound judgement, acts with integrity, protects our company, customers and stakeholders
The Western Europe Technology Function has responsibility for technology products and services both provided locally but delivered to users across all locations to support wholesale Banking financial services. The team is part of the EMEA CIO hierarchy, which coordinates CIB Technology teams from branch locations and Legal Entities across the region.
The J.P. Morgan Western Europe Technology Outsourcing Team is responsible for the oversight and monitoring of processes, procedures and controls relating to outsourced technology services as supplied by vendors within the JPMC Group and external to the JPMC Groups. This role interacts closely with the lines of business, Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI), Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) Technology, Information Security Managers (ISM) and the Information Security Officer (ISO) and other stakeholders, to ensure compliance with IT related regulatory and legal requirements for the location and internal JPMC control policies.
What we offer:
Supportive environment to combine work and family requirements: flexible work arrangements, plus special support for working parents in emergency situations with free emergency childcare services and our very own parent-child office
Financial stability: competitive salaries, pension provisions via the BVV and our very own pension plan as well as an accident insurance
Personal wellbeing: a range of offers available - from on-site medical checks and vaccinations to educational sessions and a subsidised in-house canteen, plus the option to increase your vacation entitlement to more than the standard 30 days pa
Create a workspace where you can be yourself: you can get involved in our local philantrophic agenda, join employee networking groups and the JPM Club for social activities
Build your career: benefit from our bespoke mentoring programme and a broad range of learning and development offeringsJ.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.