C++ Software Engineer
We are looking for a self-motivated developer to come on board and take ownership of existing and new projects. No previous financial experience is necessary. However, the candidate is expected to get up and running quickly and read code to become familiar with our applications. We create most of our IT applications in-house so the candidate will be part of the development process. Ultimately the candidate will find his or her spot within the team by taking ownership of certain projects. The sky is the limit for the right candidate. We are in the process of planning a new Greenfield project. This is a good position for someone who wants to make a move into the financial industry.
Tasks / responsibilities
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Support during the rollout phase of new releases and release introduction.
- Maintenance and issue resolution of the applications in the production environment.
- A university degree is required.
- Self-motivation to learn new things.
- Excellent collaboration skills, team player.
- Familiarity with both Windows and Linux environment.
- A good understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- At least 2 - 4 years' experience in an IT role.
- Ability to efficiently communicate in English.
- Prior experience with C++ is required (2 years minimum).
- Experience with GitLab and CI / CD is a plus.
- Experience with Python is a plus.
- Any financial experience is a plus.
- Experience working with cloud/virtualised environments, and/or containerisation of services would be beneficial.