Full Stack Developer
Full Stack Developer
Do you see yourself as a member of a multinational team shaping the future of Europe’s leading secondary debt market for distressed loans, claims and receivables? On its way to cover most of the European jurisdictions by 2018, Debitos supports listed companies, banks and SME’s, to sell their exposures on the market through its auction-based online transaction platform. As the NPL market is receiving strong focus from institutional and governmental entities, the impact of our work will receive high visibility.
Join our growing team in the heart of Frankfurt’s newly opened Fintech Centre and seize the opportunity to be part of revolutionizing the way Europe tackles the non-performing loans crisis while enjoying what you do.
- You will act as a key contributor in all discussions regarding development, user experience, software and data architecture
- Together with the project manager, scrum team, and other team members, you will design and develop software in short sprints, create documentation, data structures, and processes to meet the designated needs
- As experienced Full-Stack Developer, you are passionate about building software the "right" way and teaching that software craftsmanship mentality to others. You understand the full development life-cycle and can cover all bases, from back-end to front-end there are no secrets for you
- Ensure we deliver high quality software by writing clean code and utilizing TDD, continuous integration and code reviews
- As a self-learner, you stay actively engaged in the technology industry and understand how the evolving technologies can benefit our organization
- Your input will be crucial for further development and enhancement of our technology stack, life-cycle development, testing and deployment procedures
- You will also build integrations with third party applications and be responsible for performance tuning through testing and iterative development
- You will need a strong awareness of best practice development including Agile methodologies, web application security, and scalability. You should have a strong analytical mindset, be self-organized and strongly believe in software craftsmanship and ensure the highest quality by following and improving processes and standards, and using automated unit tests, continuous integration and similar tools
What we offer
- We’re all about cutting edge technology and you will be working with top-of the line IT equipment and best-in-class technologies.
- We are based in a modern, bright, easy-to-reach office location in central Frankfurt at walking distance from the main train station and a large shopping mall with food hall.
- 30 days annual leave + public holidays (Germany), office snacks and drinks, table games, Friday drinks, team events, training.
- Discount online benefit portal, offering a wide range of discounts for high street retailers
- We offer a competitive salary, a start-up culture with a great work-life balance and lots of opportunity to grow, learn and be awesome.
We are looking for someone who is ambitious, focused and dedicated, a passionate problem solver who is willing to take on any challenge, is innovative with a wide array of technical proficiencies, and can managing multiple tasks or priorities simultaneously.
You will enjoy working with a small international, talented and interdisciplinary team, with a strong creative culture, and be instrumental in helping us deliver high impact work at the cutting edge of financial technology and make our solution the industry standard.
You bring strong expertise in at least a few of the following technologies:
- Web Languages / Frameworks: Python, Django, Node.js
- Front-End: React, Angular 2, JS, Redux, JSX, jQuery, Sass, Webpack, HTML5, CSS, Bootstrap
- API / Web Services: RPC, JSON, REST
- SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL), NoSQL (MongoDB, Redis)
- Unit-testing frameworks
You are experienced in:
- Agile development methodologies
- Continuous Integration and automated deployment and configuration tools
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar experience
- 4+ years of software development experience
- 1+ years of experience developing single-page applications based on React, Angular or Vue
- Experience using distributed version control systems (such as Git)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (English or German)
- Demonstrated ability to implement robust and effective software solutions
- Proven experience and skills in multiple facets of software engineering
- A strong drive and interest to learn new technologies quickly and work in a fast-paced software development environment
- Good understanding of all aspects of the product development life-cycle
- Familiar with basic security and infrastructure design, oAuth and single-signon authentication methods
Desired Skills (not required but a bonus if you have them)
- Software development experience in a highly regulated environment such as the financial industry
- Experience designing software according to TDD / BDD principles
- Modern Front-End development using HTML5, CSS; Bootstrap, React, Redux, Sass / LESS, webpack
- Automated deployment and configuration tools (Docker, Jenkins) Experience working with DevOps tools like JIRA, GitHub, Slack and Trello
- Experience working with micro-service architectures and cloud computing (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud)
- Experience working with blockchain based technology, smart contracts, ...
- Project management experience