Data Engineer (m/f/d)
vom 11.09.2020WE ARE LOOKING FOR A
DATA ENGINEER (m/f/d)
Frankfurt am Main
Permanent & Full-time
WE ARE LOOKING FOR YOU
Are you striving for innovation based on open source Big Data solutions? Are you an out-of-the box thinker?
We love technology and excellence, always being open-minded with solutions and aligned with the best practices of the market when talking about data (Data Unit Testing, Clean coding, mixed data stack).
We value knowledge sharing and improvement (sessions of knowledge sharing and teaching, reserved research time slices). As a team we believe in disruptive solutions, always focusing on the value versus effort.
NO DAY IS THE SAME. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE
- Development and maintenance of scalable ETLs (queries, programs, automated process) and building new data organization to support data increases in quality, volume and complexity.
- Collaboration with analytics and business teams to improve insights from a centralized datalake, always keeping in mind the single source of truth, providing data models using business intelligence, data science and other valuable tools, increasing data accessibility and helping to keep the company even more data-driven.
Writing unit/integrations tests, contribution to engineering wiki and documents work.
Ensuring data quality and production stability through monitoring technologies and excellence data development methodologies.
Performance of data analysis required to troubleshoot data related issues and assistance in the resolution of data issues; Design of data integrations and data cleaning process.
- Close collaboration with other teams, product managers and business users.
WHAT YOU BRING
Extraordinary analytical, problem-solving and self-learning skills along with great team spirit
- Communication skills and out-of-the-box-mindset
Degree in Computer Science, Informatics or a comparable subject (Machine Learning, Mathematics, Applied Statistics)
- Great programming experience in Python; additional experience in Java is a plus
- Familiarity with SQL/NoSQL data management and first touchpoints with the Star Model Schema - Kimball are preferred
- Experience with ETL and Datawarehouse concepts
- German language knowledge skills are a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
Modern company culture: flat hierarchies, quick data-based decisions and the requirement to co-design the companys strategic way forward are our day-to-day life
Steep learning curve: Here, you shape, not just execute. For most challenges, you will be the first one solving them within the firm. Our highest priority is your personal development. Thus, you will learn daily, simultaneously receiving as much support and feedback as you need to reach the next level
Distinction: We strive for making a sustainable difference in the sector this is your opportunity to mark your footprint
Attractive compensation: free healthy drink & snack supply, sport and community events along with an attractive compensation are a self-evident part of your contract
Thinksurance is an innovative software-startup based in Frankfurt/Main. Our mission is to digitize the market for commercial insurance and revolutionize product development. Our online platform gives customers, brokers and insurers the opportunity to make exhaustive use of digital possibilities.
The Data Analytics department is the heart of our company and primarily responsible for the build-up of valuable analytics, which serve our clients as critical fundament. In order to further advance the digitization of an entire industry, we are looking for support as soon as possible.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR APPLICATION WITH THE EARLIEST START DATE
Timm Weitzel - Managing Director