Senior Network Programmer - CRYENGINE
We are looking for an experienced Senior Network Programmer to develop and maintain CRYENGINE Networking Systems at our Frankfurt, Germany studio.
*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples*
- Take ownership, develop and maintain CRYENGINE Networking Systems.
- Improve and optimize existing components of the code base.
- Work with the game project teams to assist in multiplayer technology integration into Crytek in-house games.
- Gather and verify requirements across multiple projects for the Network domain.
- Maintain cross-platform solutions to support third-party online services (Steam, PSN, Xbox Live).
- Work closely with other programming disciplines to achieve great multiplayer experiences in the games.
- Create and maintain modules to be used for automated testing purposes.
- Undertake technical training/teaching of the team.
- Create accurate task duration estimates and complete all work in a timely basis.
- Remain focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through to completion.
- Contribute to Developer and End-user documentation.
- Mentor junior programmers.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience within the games industry or an equivalent.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Previously held a Senior or an equivalent position while working on Network technology.
- Deep understanding with at least one of the following: Socket networking (TCP, UDP protocols), P2P or Client-Server architectures, synchronization or network security.
- Have been a feature owner of Network systems in a shipped game title.
- Excellent knowledge of C++.
- Excellent understanding of:
- Object-oriented software engineering
- Multithreaded software architecture
- Performance measurement and optimization
- Object-oriented software engineering.
- Multithreaded software architecture.
- Performance measurement and optimization.
- Experience with any game engine, preferably CRYENGINE.
- Experience with large code bases.
- A team player and be self-driven.
- Excellent communication skills with a strong affinity for transparency.
- Fluent English language skills.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Experience with Steam, PSN and/or Xbox Live.
- Passion for making great games.
- Experience with writing technical documentation.
- Experience with multiplatform development.
- Management and leadership skills.