Senior Tools Engineer CRYENGINE
We are looking for an experienced and talented Senior Tools Engineer for our CRYENGINE Tools team at our Frankfurt, Germany studio.
As Senior Tools Engineer, you will be working in a cooperative, cross-disciplinary environment to develop the CRYENGINE Sandbox Editor. On our innovative and friendly team, you can expect your abilities and scope of duties to grow as you make a real difference.
*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples (Portfolio link / github etc.)*
- Contribute to development of the CRYENGINE Sandbox Editor.
- Design and implement new tools across various game development disciplines (art, level design, animation, build automation).
- Maintain one or multiple Sandbox sub-systems and integrations with the CRYENGINE.
- Collaborate closely and effectively with artists, designers, other content developers, and software engineers on the requirements and design of tools.
- Investigate and evaluate new third-party game development tools.
- Propose tools and methods to increase efficiency and quality of content development.
- Contribute to a public codebase. Keep in touch with community members, indie developers and professional peers to exchange knowledge and experience.
- Contribute to maintenance and improvements of low-level engine systems.
- Ensure reliability and stability of the editor code base.
- Contribute developer documentation based on on-going developments.
- Provide support and training to internal and external developers.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Safeguard company assets including source code, artwork, tools, game design information and technical know-how.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
- Excellent C++ programming and data-driven design skills.
- Experience developing user interfaces and working with Qt framework (or similar).
- Understanding principles of user experience.
- Experience with any game Engines preferably experience with CRYENGINE.
- Excellent data structure and algorithm knowledge.
- Mathematics skills, including proficiency with trigonometry and linear algebra.
- Solid software engineering and debugging skills.
- Good understanding of how modern CPUs work.
- Expertise with performance profiling tools.
- Experience writing code that balances performance and maintainability.
- Familiar with Version-control systems (Perforce, Git).
- Team player and self-driven.
- Willing to learn.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparence.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Passion for making great games.
- Experience working in with multithreaded, real-time systems.
- Experience with writing technical documentation.
- Experience with large code bases.
- Experience with C++ 11/14.
- Knowledge of MFC.
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Lua or Python.