Technical Director - CRYENGINE
Crytek is looking for an experienced Technical Director to support and enhance our CRYENGINE Development team in our Frankfurt, Germany studio.
*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples (Portfolio link / github etc.)*
- Define the technical requirements, development strategy and roadmap. Help driving its execution.
- Ensure CRYENGINE is built to industry best practices & methodology in line with long term quality expectations.
- Pursue creation of a streamlined production pipeline that engages and delights customers.
- Establish technical quality level of the product (coding standards, performance and scalability of features and services).
- Work in close cooperation with group of CRYENGINE Technical Leads and ensure its involvement in key technical decisions.
- Produce and maintain plans for mitigation of technical risks across development teams.
- Ensure smooth production together with Dev Management and Technical Leads.
- Aid in setting up financial roadmap and estimation of production costs.
- Liaise with other technology teams on a technical and knowledge sharing level.
- Coach and mentor Technical Leads when needed to help them get the best out of their teams.
- Keep up with latest technology trends.
- Be involved in the recruitment and on-boarding process.
- Communicate well at all levels, from executive management to interns.
- 10+ years of professional experience in the software or games development domain, with at least 3 years in a Lead Engineer capacity.
- Experience working on a game engine and web based services.
- Worked on at least one AAA title from start to ship as a technical lead.
- Excellent understanding of C++ in the game development environment.
- Solid understanding of Web Development in the Cloud, with knowledge of AWS, Azure or Google Cloud.
- Excellent understanding of the tool pipeline for asset creation.
- Familiarity with information security vulnerabilities and risk management.
- Experience in game development on PCs (Windows, Linux) and current-generation consoles.
- Experience working with Agile Processes.
- Excellent English communication and writing skills.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Experience with multiple game engines, preferably CRYENGINE.
- Experience working with high load, high availability services on multiple machines.