Senior Software Engineer - C++
Every day, trillions of dollars pass through the Bloomberg Terminal. As a result, hundreds of thousands of financial professionals rely on our 500 enterprise applications to manage their portfolios, execute their trades and analyse the markets. We’re the engineers who build that software, and we're looking for talented and passionate engineers to join us. Our products range from market data and news to trading platforms, connectivity, and communication platforms.
As an Engineer at Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to learn about the financial markets and take ownership of the growth of our industry-leading applications. You'll lead projects, partner with the business and meet clients to understand their workflows. Our opportunities cover all phases of the software development lifecycle, providing a chance to make an immediate impact and work on the financial world's toughest technical challenges.
In Frankfurt, our teams are focused on both application and infrastructure development, primarily in C++. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join us and expand on our trading connectivity and data distribution platforms.
We trust you to:
- Take responsibility for the full software development life-cycle, from understanding the needs of the business through to coding to deployment and maintenance. Your work will be highly visible, making you highly accountable.
- Enjoy solving highly complex problems while understanding the scope and impact of your work.
- Be quick, resourceful, flexible, and an excellent collaborator. You will balance the best of technical and product knowledge to craft unsurpassed product solutions for our customers
You'll need to have:
- Demonstrated experience programming in C++
- Experience with working with large sets of data.
- Passion for design, problem solving and hands-on development
We'd love to see:
- Experience with C++ and Python
- Experience with multi-threading programming
- Experience with Oracle databases
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are. In the meantime, check us out at http://www.techatbloomberg.com/